IT Systems Administrator
Bob Jones University
POSITION SUMMARY: We are seeking a skilled and motivated Systems Administrator to join our team. As a Systems Administrator, you will be responsible for maintaining servers, applications, and directory systems to support the needs of the business.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administer servers and/or applications necessary to faculty, staff and students.
- Respond in a timely manner to issues assigned through our Service Desk Management tool.
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, and virtualization.
- Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues.
- Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure.
- Perform regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures.
- Responsible for capacity and storage planning.
- Maintain confidential nature of all information accessed as part of job responsibilities and access such information only as required to directly fulfill job responsibilities.
- Other job duties as assigned by director.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field, or equivalent experience required.
- 3-5 years of network administration, or system administration experience.
- System administration and IT certifications in Linux, Microsoft, or other network related fields are a plus.
- Working knowledge of virtualization, VMWare, or equivalent.
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols.
- Experience with scripting and automation tools.
- A proven track record of developing and implementing IT strategy and plans.
- Strong knowledge of implementing and effectively developing IT operations best practices, including expert knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols.