Greenville, SC, USA
Posted on Friday, January 26, 2024
WHO WE ARE
Elliott Davis pairs forward-thinking tax, assurance, and consulting services with an industry-leading workplace culture. Our nine offices — located in the fastest-growing cities in the US — are built on a foundation of inclusivity, collaboration, and collective growth. We work daily to provide exceptional service to our people, customers, and our communities.
Under the direction of Chief Data & Privacy Officer with coordination from the Director of IT Operations and Chief Information Officer, the Security Engineer is a senior-level security professional responsible for the planning, analysis, design, and review of Elliott Davis' endpoint and network security infrastructure. The Security Engineer position is a hands-on role for someone who likes working in multi-disciplined teams in a success-oriented, fast-paced, and fun environment. The Security Engineer is responsive to changes in business and risk and is at the forefront of emerging technologies, driving new and better solutions to industry security needs. This requires exceptional technical knowledge of security principles, a wide breadth of knowledge with respect to other technical disciplines and domains, acute business acumen, and superior communication skills.
The engineer fully understands business needs and can assess relative risk and drive projects accordingly, with high consideration for long-term supportability and automation of any recommended direction. This individual will also have strong leadership skills and be able to lead a multi-disciplined project team of technicians, analysts, and systems administrators from design to deployment of systems.
WHAT WILL YOU DO
- Acquire a complete understanding of Elliott Davis technology and information systems.
- Identify, define, and document system security requirements and recommend solutions to management that balance business requirements with information and cyber security needs.
- Planned, developed, implemented, and updated the company’s information security strategy.
- Align standards, frameworks, and security with overall business and technology strategy.
- Configure, troubleshoot and maintain security infrastructure software and hardware.
- Install software that monitors systems and networks for security breaches and intrusions.
- Monitor systems for irregular behavior and set up preventive measures.
- Educate and train staff on information system security best practices.
- Promote and drive implementation of automation and process efficiencies.
- Interface with Information Technology teams to bake in security best practices across the entire ecosystem.
- Participate in incident response and cyber crisis management activities accordingly.
- Participate in annual disaster recovery testing.
- Review and approve proposed security changes for new projects or existing systems.
- Create, review, and approve new procedural documentation.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Experience in one or more information security domains, e.g. authentication and authorization related systems, development of security tooling and infrastructure, network and operating systems security; security architectures, principles, and assessment methodologies; security monitoring/detection and incident response; vulnerability assessment and/or penetration testing, Zero trust architectures and tools
- Experience establishing requirements and making recommendations on the appropriate infrastructure protection tools, methods, and technologies.
- Experience developing strategies for responding to future security challenges.
- Technical domain knowledge in areas adjacent to infrastructure security, e.g. application security, Cloud/IaaS products (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure), Linux, Windows, or MacOS based systems, Networking, Reliability, Software development.
- Demonstrated ability to drive improvement within systems, codebases, or organizations with a focus on solving problems.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A., B.S.) and/or equivalent of education and experiences.
- 4 years or more experience in Information Technology.
- At least 2 years' experience specifically working with information security within an enterprise.
- (Preferred) Security Certifications: Security +, CISSP, OSCP (or similar).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
· Use written and oral communication skills.
· Read and interpret data, information, and documents.
· Analyze and solve non-routine office administrative problems.
· Observe and interpret situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work under typical office conditions, with the noise level usually being quiet to moderate. Due to server and networking hardware fans, there will be exposure to some noise while working in MDF/IDF locations. There will also be occasional exposure to the outside environment when traveling to and from various office locations as needed for meetings/training/events as requested.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US
We believe that when our employees are able to thrive in all facets of life, their work and impact are that much greater.
That's right – all aspects of life, not just your life as an employee, because we understand that there's life beyond your job. Here are some of the ways our work works for your life, your growth, and your well-being:
· Generous time away, including 16 and two half paid firm holidays per year, including the week between Christmas and
· Flexible work schedules.
· 16 weeks of paid maternity and adoption leave, 8 weeks of paid paternity and caregiver leave.
· First-class health and wellness benefits, including wellness coaching and TalkSpace one-on-one professional
· Leadership and career development programs.
· Access to Beyond, a one-of-a-kind program with experiences that help you expand your life, personally and
At Elliott Davis, we are committed to providing equal opportunities for all individuals, regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. We believe that diversity and inclusivity are essential to our success, and we welcome individuals from all backgrounds to join our team and help us make a positive impact on our people, our customers, and our communities.
This role is US-based only. While all candidates will be considered, candidates living in or around the following geographies are highly encouraged to apply: Greenville, Columbia, and Charleston, SC; Charlotte and Raleigh, NC; Augusta, GA; and Chattanooga and Nashville, TN.
NOTICE TO 3rd PARTY RECRUITERS
Notice to Recruiters and Agencies regarding unsolicited resumes or candidate submissions without prior express written approval. Resumes submitted or candidates referred to any employee of Elliott Davis by any external recruiter or recruitment agency by any means (including but not limited to via Internet, e-mail, fax, U.S. mail, and/or verbal communications) without a properly executed written contract for a specified position by an authorized member of the Talent Acquisition team become the property of Elliott Davis. Elliott Davis will not be responsible for or owe any fees associated with referrals of those candidates and/or for submission of any information, including resumes, associated with individuals.
Please contact the Elliott Davis Talent team to initiate the process to become an agency partner at email@example.com. Subject: Agency Partner Request